letters ......~~......stories......~~...... twitter......~~...... tumblr

2009

He had a face made for a poster saying: Wanted, for murder.
-- Dec 28, 2009

An, just so, every few months, I get to find Martin Newel's blog, and relive a poet's life in Wivenhoe...
--Friday, Dec 11, 2009

Every few months I stumble upon Martin Newel on my iPod, and get to relive Greatest Living Englishman.
-- Dec 11, 2009

If I had to pick a favorite song on Black Parade it would be "Famous Last Words". I can't believe I just listened to that whole album
-- Dec 09, 2009

An epic internet search for the leak of next month's AP cover story: (My Chem!) has led to me spending the rest of the day with their music.
-- Dec 09, 2009

Lord coffee, Give me the power to touch these keys and fill this electric page with miracles.
-- Dec 08, 2009

THIS is onLINE?!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFBgHxNOkPI Fucking fantastic.
-- Dec 04, 2009

---and the gunslingers of America's Westerns. (Wikipedia) ...No wonder something about kung-fu appeals to me.
-- Dec 02, 2009

Interesting: The Chinese Xia traditions are similar to those of the Japanese Samurai's Bushido, the chivalry of the European Knights----
-- Dec 02, 2009

My iPhone is a pokedex of all the ideas I catch. http://twitpic.com/rubsp
-- Dec 02, 2009

I just thought of a parrot, beat boxing, and I laughed so hard I had to leave the room.
-- Dec 01, 2009
DecEMBER

Comics like Dark Avengers # 11 make me want to drop the book from my hands and applaud. (@brianmbendis)
-- Nov 23, 2009

Because, you know, that is the sort of book which I would like to read...
-- Nov 22, 2009

This is the type of novel,where I realize I'm writing about Christmas day, during WWII,and I have a Viking, riding some sort of wolf lizard.
-- Nov 22, 2009

"The song, a 17 minute ballad called 'Christmas Fog', would prove to be the band's undoing..."
-- Nov 20, 2009

As of tonight, I know my novel is Working, & that it will Work, & that I can Write It.This is a celebrational loss of gravity sort of thing.
-- Nov 19, 2009

I don't know if anyone else has clicked on the #donttrytoholla hashtag out of curiosity, but don't bother. The Grammar Knights have fallen.
-- Nov 12, 2009

I stayed up past my bedtime and typed for three and a half hours. I now have a finished comic book (script).
-- Nov 11, 2009

@Plainhuman I'm just saying, it's better then the Jurassic Park 4 I filmed in my backyard. (J4: MO' Money Mo' Problems)
-- Nov 06, 2009

Remember, remember, the 5th of Nov! (But in my Country, here we do not.)
-- Nov 05, 2009

@Plainhuman I think we should record an a capella version of "Kiss from a Rose" without trying to remember the lyrics.
-- Nov 05, 2009

I also just finished a chapter,after over a month, by cutting it in half, & moving the 2nd part into a new chapter. This is almost cheating.
-- Nov 03, 2009

I don't want to get canonical...but I'm more dehydrated than Han Solo, that time he revisited Tattooine, 8 years after the battle of Yavin.
-- Nov 02, 2009

November
"This Black Holiday will make gods of us all!" he yelled, through mouthfuls of candy corn.
-- Oct 31, 2009
@JPompey It's been 12 years since we went trick-or-treating together. Cheers.
-- Oct 30, 2009

I thought maybe I was a sculptor, but all I could make were snakes and rocks.
-- Oct 29, 2009

"You must think we're playing Zelda, ..because you've left me with nothing but half of a heart"
-- Oct 29, 2009

It is a black science, which ignites these fingers. (Writing.)
-- Oct 24, 2009

I spent the night with two of my brothers, hiding from giants in a childhood home.
-- Oct 20, 2009

It happened: I spent three weeks waiting for a sentence so I could finish the chapter, and it happened.
-- Oct 17, 2009

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Finally! http://tinyurl.com/yzxjbs3
-- Oct 09, 2009 9:23:57

My manuscript is back on track. Two days of nothing and then bang.
-- Oct 09, 2009

If all else fails, figure out where you fucked up: http://twitpic.com/kjzce
-- Oct 06, 2009

Oh thank God. Final Draft is back on my computer.
-- Oct 03, 2009

OctoberrRrRr

Bob's your Uncle: the BBC3 television programe where Bob Hoskins comes to live with you're family.
---Sep 28, 2009

I think I just had a momentous decision about the story I'm writing. Was this unforeseen? or have I been misreading myself all along?...
--Sep 27, 2009

I just finished a Slightly-less-rough-then-I-thought part Three of The Serialized novel. I think its running above 75 pages so far. Wow.
--Sep 20, 2009

I just wrote--read: solved--the scene that took me a week of constant wondering. God that feels good. Fuck.
-- Sep 13, 2009

Almost every decision in my life is based on the lyrics of Powerline, from a Goofy Movie.
-- Sep 08, 2009

@Plainhuman Oh, nevermind. I was thinking of Space Jam; and the song "Space Jam"....
-- Sep 07, 2009

Plans. http://twitpic.com/gdq5h
-- Sep 03, 2009

SepTEMBER

Part II of the Serialized Story is finished. Brain is fried.
-- Aug 30, 2009

How is Death Note so fucking good?
--Aug 28, 2009

It's rough, but part one of the Serialized Story is now finished. Its like, 5000 words. At least. What the fuck am I doing?
--Aug 17, 2009

Oh, Nobuo Uematsu, you're score to Final Fantasy VII is the materia to my Buster Sword.
-- Aug 17, 2009

Wrote important note-a-ma-jigs for Serialized Story will listening to Another Space Song: http://twitpic.com/diew7
-- Aug 11, 2009

@Plainhuman I wasn't allowed to play with Voltoron...or Transformers...anythign that could potentially change or grow. #homeschooler
-- Aug 11, 2009

I just finished another round of writing on the Serialized Story, its actually...not...fucking...bad. Maybe.
-- Aug 09, 2009

I have written. The story...seems like its going to work. I learned a lot about my writing with the novel and so this is pretty exciting.
-- Aug 08, 2009

August

"I should be done by eight o' clock, fingers crossed and enemies killed..."
-- Jul 26, 2009

I am about to murder hundreds of Semi-colon's; you will hear their siren wail, as it cuts across the moor. –
- Jul 20, 2009

"It takes a big man to apologize, and I've gained a lot of weight."
-- Jul 18, 2009

I think I'm rather tired, now. Goodbye world I created. ...See? I merely twittered it. God said it with a flood.
-- Jul 08, 2009


Jul

My body is fighting off sleep worse than Narnia faught the white witch's rise to power. "...Oh God, snow! Fall back! FALL BACK!"
-- Jun 25, 2009

@joeyciccoline I miss you so much that I check empty rooms whenever I pass by. ...just in case your waiting inside.
-- Jun 25, 2009

Who just write down six fucking adjectives for "fire"? I just did. My abibilites are SEARING.
-- Jun 02, 2009


Jun

@4colorfix Be careful out there, edges are sharp and cold. Like knives. ...and women. ....and, I suppose, ...other edges.
-- May 27, 2009

I just opened Don Quiote at the bookstore. I feel like I just found the book I've always looked for. I bought it.
-- May 15, 2009

@neilhimself For those of us without UK childhoods, your Blue Peter updates are becoming increasingly erotic. 
-- May 04, 2009

May

@Stobert I'm trying, but eventually my typos will rise up and swallow me whole.You'll see me,waving goodbye,over the white crest of grammar.
-- Apr 29, 2009

The pollen is falling like rain. Like Ridley Scott is outside with a cinematographer.
-- Apr 23, 2009

"maybe, tonight" ...fictional Eve 6 B-side, or worst prom theme ever?
-- Apr 17, 2009

Merhaps: "underwater perhaps."
-- Apr 13, 2009

I want to start a Zombie Hall & Oats tribute band, and we'll only cover "Maneater" 
-- Apr 11, 2009

I want a wikipedia article about me that begins: "World famous to some people."
-- Apr 07, 2009

Someone's probably watching me from the corner of the room, "...my God, he's good."
-- Apr 02, 2009

I wonder if I'm bothering anyone, air drumming to Murder by Death in the Library?
-- Apr 02, 2009

APRIL

@TalkingWithHand I think you should rewrite Orwell's classic with actual slang from 1984. ......."1984. Totally awesome edition."
-- Mar 31, 2009

@cjkrueger inspiration IS crisis.
-- Mar 28, 2009

I'm the Neil Gaiman of "eating bagels".
-- Mar 26, 2009

If there's a better song to hear on shuffle than Billy Talent's "Try Honesty"; I don't want to hear it.
-- Mar 18, 2009

I have had the type of rough day that , in a film, Would be set to a montage of Sarah Mclachlan songs.
-- Mar 09, 2009

I just realized that The Crow might be a comedy.
-- Mar 06, 2009

@Locksheer Please never update your page. it is amazing.
-- Mar 05, 2009
To put on my belt with a hangover s like trying to solve a rubiks cube.I'm confused and crying, hoping some Japanese kid will come help me.
-- Mar 05, 2009

When I grow up I want to be a novelist.
--Mar 03, 2009

@4colorfix I read your reply, and a red hot genie shot out of my mouth, an exclamation mark carved upon his chest. He smelled of chocolate. 
--Mar 03, 2009

AC/DC is stuck in my head. And it's not even AC/DC. it's some sort of AC/DC cover band. "thanks for coming out mom and Dad! thunda! nananan"
--Mar 03, 2009

As I type this, the cold is churning throughout body like the holy spirit. At least it's THE cold and not"cold" the band from 2002.
-- Feb 27, 2009

The siren call of recorded thoughts will now consume us all.
-- Feb 26, 2009 

FEBnuary

The White of Nothing...